We are so excited to bring you our first of the year edition with some pretty amazing stories from Around the World. We dedicate this issue, in part, to the “Experienced” Boomer Generation, proving that age is only a number, and you hold the key to how you react to it. You will be inspired by the stories from women, ranging in age from 30 to 80 something, and what they are doing to stay young and beautiful!
Women we covered in the Winter 2012 edition include:
- Diane Keaton‘s Memoir called ‘Then Again”
- Jane Fonda‘s Workout CD’s for Boomers
- Cindy Joseph…Makeup Artist, turn Model at age 50, turn Cosmetic Maker of BOOM!
- America’s Best Portrait Photographer Annie Leibovitz
- Vince Vaughn’s Mother, Shea Vaughn about her book Breakthrough. The 5 Living Principles to Defeat Stress, Look Great & Find Total Well-Being
- Sharyn Wynters, ND shares with us “The Sacred Feminine” an opportunity to regain balance in 2012
- Katy Leakey lives on a mountain in the East Rift Valley of Kenya where she works with the women of the Maasai Tribe
- Christine Clifford tells us how she uses humor as The Newest Way to Get Fit.
- Jan Denise, Author, Self-Esteem and Relationship Consultant shares how we are “Innately Good: Dispelling the Myth That You’re Not”
ALSO hear from Women Around the World that share their dreams, inspirations, insight to aging, health and beauty and tips, for all ages!
Other Features you’ll see in this issue:
- What if the solution to the world’s problems was right in front of us? The Shift is About to Hit the Fan! See what Tom Shadyac is doing about it.
- Make a Fresh Start with Interior Designer, Blanche Garcia and learn how to live a more sustainable life, one step at a time.
- An interview with Xander Berkeley, actor, best known for his roles in Terminator 2, Air Force One, 24 and CSI.
- A Look at New Work from Fashion Photographer John Jansheski
- Musician, Recording Artist and Composer Zachary Richard
- On camera interview with eco-lifestyle guru Sara Snow
- The Modern Day Tarzan, an interview with Lion-Whisperer Kevin Richardson
- Learn about how The Old World meets New World in BodyTalk
- On the Cover you’ll hear Woody Allen’s “Manhattan” (1979) “Rhapsody in Blue” (Intro & Theme Song)
George Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue” in a record from the ’30s with Benny Goodman & The NBC-Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Arturo Toscanini
We hope you enjoy this edition of A Distinctive Style and as always, “Enjoy your Journey!”
denise marie | editor-in-chief